About the Role
Slate is hiring a full-time editorial assistant in its Washington D.C. office.
Attributes of the Ideal Candidate
- Ideal candidates will be organized, diplomatic, hard-working, and detail-oriented.
- They will write sparkling copy.
- They will also demonstrate top-notch editorial judgment and broad cultural interests.
- One to two years of editorial experience is preferred.
- Good humor and menschiness are a big plus.
This is a 12-month position, with benefits.
To apply, please email the following as a single attachment:
- Your résumé
- A cover letter that includes three references
- Three clips or writing samples
- A 400-word Slatest post on a topic that’s in the news of the day, as if you’ve been given that assignment. Go to www.slate.com and search The Slatest to see what we're doing there.
Please email your application to email@example.com.
The application deadline is December 18, 2017.
Slate is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.
Slate is a multimedia digital publishing company focused on politics, news, business, technology, and culture. Slate's smart, witty take on current events has been recognized with numerous awards, including the National Magazine Award for General Excellence Online.