WHYY is seeking a full-time Reporter/Assistant Producer for its award-winning, national health, science, and innovation show, "The Pulse". The show is produced in Philadelphia and currently airs on 25 stations, including WABE, WESA, and WFYI.
WHYY is the leading public media organization in the Philadelphia Region, including Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and beyond. You can access us on television, radio, in the community and online.
The Reporter/Assistant Producer is responsible for assisting with important production tasks for the show while reporting stories, both on-air and online, for The Pulse’s health and science beat.
We are looking for candidates who can:
- Work collaboratively and produce quality work in a multiple deadline environment.
- Report 2-3 features per month for "The Pulse".
- Help book, prep and cut interviews, build out show segments, edit show audio, think through show rundowns and offer feedback on scripts in progress.
- Use social media to promote work and seek out ways to help build the brand of the show.
- Take the lead on interstitial production tasks/seek out opportunities to create a more sound-rich show to expand our community of engaged listeners.
- Work well with a variety of individuals in Philadelphia, throughout the region, and nationally.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A bachelor's degree in a related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 3 years of reporting experience
- Radio/on-air experience, including reporting, audio editing, producing full radio pieces.
- Strong interest/passion in health or science reporting.
- Ability to keep up with multiple deadlines in a week.
- Mastery of the mechanics of writing, including standard grammar, spelling, punctuation, and style.
To apply please visit, www.whyy.org/employment