Public Broadcasting Atlanta is seeking a Social Media & Emerging Platforms Editor who will work across all digital brands (WABE, PBA30 and AtlantaPlanit) to distribute content, proactively monitor industry and competitive trends and bring our content to audiences through new mediums.
Essential Duties Include:
• Create, curate, manage and publish social content (images, video and written) representing PBA brands across platforms
• Develop relevant content topics to reach our audience
• Monitor, listen and respond to PBA social users
• Develop and expand community and influencer outreach efforts
• Oversee design of social pages (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, landing pages, Twitter profile, Blog, etc.)
• Develop and execute a social calendar and strategy closely aligned with our editorial calendar and content strategy
• Act as a super user for any social tools that span across the organization providing ongoing best practices and training
• Verify user-generated content from social media during breaking news
• Identify trends on social media
• Write stories on social trends, as well as stories that will resonate with social audiences
• Working knowledge of digital storytelling and how to use social media for news gathering
• Ability to write online stories on deadline
• Strong technical understanding of the major social media platforms and their best practices, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Tumblr, Pinterest, etc.
• Create, curate, and manage all published social content (images, video and written)
• Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” way while cultivating leads and sales
• Design, create and manage promotions and Social ad campaigns related to editorial content
• Analyze key metrics and tweak strategy as needed
• Compile reports for management showing results (ROI)
• Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design, and strategy
• Strong Editorial decision making skills
• Execute strategy for distributing content using owned earned and paid media integration
• Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results
• Identify opportunities in user-generated content surrounding the company
• Other duties as assigned
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and analyze, and interpret journals, digital publications, local blogs, books and newspapers.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to gather information, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level and unleveled surface during periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required for filing documents or to store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment. Exposure to outside elements during course of work is to be expected to perform essential functions. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Public Broadcasting Atlanta
Attn: Human Resources
740 Bismark Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
Apply online at: www.wabe.org