St. Louis Public Radio seeks a sharp and creative professional to be the primary eyes, ears and voice of St. Louis Public Radio newsroom online as our Engagement Producer.
The Engagement Producer will be a member of the digital news team and the chief voice behind all of our main social media channels at St. Louis Public Radio. This is an opportunity for the right person to take the wheel of a news brand.
An ideal candidate will be familiar with metrics tools and comfortable making quick, independent decisions based on both quantitative and qualitative factors. We know numbers help us understand our successes and failures, but they aren't the whole story.
Good judgment and journalistic ethics are also key in this position since you are a front-line ambassador to the community.
An ideal candidate will also have a commitment to building trust, listening to and meaningfully engaging with the St. Louis Public Radio audience, both online and in person.
The Engagement Producer will report to the Digital Editor.
- A Bachelor's degree
- A curious mind and collaborative spirit
- Solid journalistic and personal judgment
- Two or more years of professional experience managing social media for a news organization. Comparable experience managing social media outside of journalism will be considered.
- A demonstrated personal interest in social media and innovative approaches to journalism and community engagement.
- A portfolio of native content created for specific platforms beyond content repackaged across platforms.
- Interest and experience in successfully planning and executing live events centered on fostering meaningful engagement with public.
- Familiarity with the St. Louis region is helpful but not required.
- It is highly recommended that the job candidate own or have access to a car.
Please include the following to your application in one PDF document:
- A cover letter outlining your qualifications, how your experience is relevant to the job and your ideas for how this position can best serve St. Louis area residents.
- Links to all of your active social media accounts (personal and those representative of your experience).
- An audit of our social media channels sharing your general impressions and ideas for our future.
For complete job posting and benefits information, please visit The University of Missouri - St. Louis Careers page. Apply online only. Job ID: 24400.