Colgate's Office of Communications is staffed by a team of talented, creative, and collaborative individuals who believe that the quality of their work and the success of the university are intertwined. Among its many functions, the office produces the Colgate Scene, operates the university's official social media accounts, manages the university's web presence, conducts media relations, coordinates admission marketing, and supports advancement fundraising communications. This collegial yet demanding environment is ideal for communications professionals who want to prove their talents and test their skills in an unparalleled liberal arts setting. A new era is underway at Colgate, and our third century is about to begin. At this crucial moment, successful applicants will have the opportunity to create, curate, and share the unique Colgate story with the nation and the world.
Colgate's Career Services (CCS) is highly dynamic , ambitious, and robust. In fiscal year 2015-16, CCS staff interacted with 97% of Colgate students and approximately 1500 alumni volunteers. Nearly 97% of the Class of 2015 secured fellowship/Scholarship (85% response rate).
Under the Division of Institutional Advancement, CCS has realized significant institutional support in pursuit of this vision. Since 2012, a 101% increase in operational budgets, a 50% increase in personnel, and new construction of a stand-alone center are a few of the advancements that position Career Services to execute its strategic goals. Please visit http://www.colgate.edu/careerservices for more details.
Role focused on developing and executing effective communications campaigns — utilizing print, graphics, digital, web, and social — that promote Career Initiatives' resources and opportunities to current students, their families, and volunteers. Accountable to apply judgment to independently execute a communications strategy to meet identified and aspirational goals in Career Services' strategic plan.
Accountable for maintaining the highest publication standards, ensuring all content shared is consistent with, and elevated to, university editorial, branding, and style guidelines. Applies independent judgement to ensure alignment of Career Services' communications efforts and strategies with those of the Institutional Advancement division and Colgate's Office of Communications. Responsible for elevating relevant story concepts and supporting content from Career Initiatives (e.g.: Career Services, Thought Into Action, Management & Leadership Skills Program) for institutional promotional/branding needs.
Accountable for coordinating with Career Services' colleagues to organize comprehensive outreach plans to promote signature initiatives, student engagement opportunities, and employment/admission opportunities offered by external constituents (alumni, parents, employers, graduate/professional schools). Responsible for implementation of such campaigns, under time sensitivity, utilizing language, graphics, and media that resonate with the current student body. Accountable for curating the network of campus contacts necessary to facilitate the outreach plan: student affairs professionals, student leaders, key academic department contacts.
- Must have a minimum of one year of relevant experience in graphic design, and layout and exposure to social media strategy development and delivery.
- Must have demonstrated skills in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically with InDesign and Photoshop
- Must demonstrate a solid comfort level with leveraging social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn).
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills; strong organizational and analytical skills and the ability to set priorities and take initiative.
- Must demonstrate an aptitude for building relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be self-motivated and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Must have demonstrated abilities to synthesize ideas and opportunities brought forth by stakeholders to produce results.
- Must demonstrate a solid comfort level with social media, including LinkedIn.
- Must be able to articulate a passion for the advantages of a liberal arts degree and use various mediums to communicate and promote University Career Initiatives to students, alumni and other important stakeholders.
- Must be capable of working collegially with a diverse group of parents, alumni, employers, faculty, staff and students within a university context.
- Must be able to oversee a student staff, and to effectively plan their work while also providing them with instruction and feedback.
Apply Here http://www.Click2apply.net/ybvcj4rs37bqyf5z