- WNED | WBFO is seeking an experienced multi-media professional to work at a senior creative level in both radio news and television production. This position will be responsible for researching and reporting original, in-depth radio news stories and researching and producing local and national television productions. Experience with digital video and social media content. This position will take the lead to develop new ideas and concepts for radio and television. The senior producer/reporter will become part of Western New York's largest radio news team and will join a highly regarded PBS television production department.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in journalism or other related field, a minimum of 8-10 years of radio reporting and or television production experience, excellent writing skills, and experience working with digital and social media.
- Position Title: Senior Producer/Reporter
- Department: TV Production/WBFO
- Reports to: Vice President of TV Production & Sr. News Director
- Status: Full-Time, Exempt
I. Summary: Serve as a senior reporter in the radio news department providing original, in-depth news reporting and as a senior producer in the television production department for TV and digital video projects. Responsible for coordinating and managing all aspects of assigned radio and TV projects.
II. Essential Functions of Position:
- Research and report news stories in an in-depth manner; follow certain on-going issues to provide a continuity of coverage of important stories; stress quality of reporting over quantity. When assigned, report exclusively on a single topic or as part of a larger content initiative. When necessary, assist with reporting during emergency events, specials news events, and other on-going news activities.
- Research, produce, direct, and edit local and national television productions. Produce digital video and social media projects (i.e., Facebook Live).Â Develop ideas and concepts for radio, television and digital projects.
- Assist management with review and discussion of important reporting, newsroom and television and digital production activities. Assist in developing in-depth content for other digital platforms such as newsletter, magazines, blogs, etc.
III. Non-Essential Duties:
- Participate in station fund raising activities. Participate in community outreach activities aimed at promoting journalistic mission.
- Other duties as assigned.
IV. Required Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field
- 8-10 years' experience as a reporter or producer
WNED | WBFO offers ideal benefits including:
- Major Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage
- Generous Vacation Time & 9 Paid Holidays
- Free parking
- Tuition assistance towards furthering your career in public media
- Company Contribution to Retirement Savings Plan
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter of interest and current resume.
****Applications with a cover letter will be given preference.
WNED | WBFO requires all applicants to undergo a background verification process prior to commencing employment with the company. Employment with WNED | WBFO is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background check.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
WNED | WBFO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. WNED | WBFO is committed to excellence through diversity and inclusion.