Produce for To the Best of Our Knowledge, a Peabody Award-winning “public radio magazine of ideas” with a national audience of more than 375,000 listeners via 210+ stations. This is not a hosting position but may include on-air duties. We are actively seeking candidates who will bring a diverse perspective to our content.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Produce interviews, segments, and programs for weekly broadcast and podcast.
- Research and develop in-depth show themes.
- Pre-interview, select, and book guests.
- Provide interviewers with background material and focused questions.
· Edit audio, making content decisions about what to include in interviews.
· Generate sound-rich production pieces.
- Write program scripts and continuity copy.
- Contribute on-air feature stories, interviews, and essays.
- Engage with on-line audience through social media.
- Contribute to TTBOOK website with articles and multi-media features.
- Maintain the standards of journalistic ethics and excellence described in Ethical Guidelines for Editorial Staff: http://bami.uwex.edu/broadcasting-and-media-innovations-ethical-guidelines.
- Effectively engage diverse perspectives and experiences in all workplace interactions and demonstrate respect for others in all workplace relationships.
Learn more: www.wpr.org/producer-ttbook
Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively under deadline pressure.
Proven intellectual curiosity and rigor.
Strong writing skills.
Demonstrated ability to effectively engage diverse perspectives.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND INTERESTS
Ability to unpack the ideas behind the movements and trends that are shaping our lives.
A keen interest in science, gender, culture, global trends, literature, religion, music, race, philosophy, and new media.
Desire to explore big ideas and make them engaging and accessible to a popular audience.
Capacity to create content that has both intellectual and emotional appeal.
Ability to collaborate with TTBOOK staff on all aspects of work.
DESIRABLE BUT NOT REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Includes comprehensive benefits package.
Experience in public radio and/or podcasting.
Experience in journalism or new media.
Proficiency with ProTools or other digital audio systems.
Apply online at www.careers.wisconsin.edu. This is job id #13306.