Produce for To the Best of Our Knowledge, a Peabody Award-winning “public radio magazine of ideas” with a national audience of more than 375,000 listeners via 210+ stations. This is not a hosting position but may include on-air duties. We are actively seeking candidates who will bring a diverse perspective to our content.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Produce interviews, segments, and programs for weekly broadcast and podcast.
- Research and develop in-depth show themes.
- Pre-interview, select, and book guests.
- Provide interviewers with background material and focused questions.
· Edit audio, making content decisions about what to include in interviews.
· Generate sound-rich production pieces.
- Write program scripts and continuity copy.
- Contribute on-air feature stories, interviews, and essays.
- Engage with on-line audience through social media.
- Contribute to TTBOOK website with articles and multi-media features.
- Maintain the standards of journalistic ethics and excellence described in Ethical Guidelines for Editorial Staff: http://bami.uwex.edu/broadcasting-and-media-innovations-ethical-guidelines.
- Effectively engage diverse perspectives and experiences in all workplace interactions and demonstrate respect for others in all workplace relationships.
Learn more: www.wpr.org/producer-ttbook
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively under deadline pressure.
• Proven intellectual curiosity and rigor.
• Strong writing skills.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively engage diverse perspectives.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND INTERESTS
• Ability to unpack the ideas behind the movements and trends that are shaping our lives.
• A keen interest in science, gender, culture, global trends, literature, religion, music, race, philosophy, and new media.
• Desire to explore big ideas and make them engaging and accessible to a popular audience.
• Capacity to create content that has both intellectual and emotional appeal.
• Ability to collaborate with TTBOOK staff on all aspects of work.
DESIRABLE BUT NOT REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Includes comprehensive benefits package.
Experience in public radio and/or podcasting.
Experience in journalism or new media.
Proficiency with ProTools or other digital audio systems.
Apply online at www.careers.wisconsin.edu. This is job id #13306.