ProPublica is seeking a senior producer to lead our film, TV and digital video efforts.
Over the years, we have partnered with FRONTLINE, Discovery, Vox and more on award-winning television programs and original video.
Now we are launching an initiative to generate and execute these projects in-house, overseen by an experienced senior producer who will:
- Identify and develop stories being worked on in the ProPublica newsroom that have potential to work as films, television, or digital video
- Oversee a three-person team of film and video makers who produce short, medium, or long original journalism as well as pieces that complement our written work
- Develop relationships with new content partners, in close collaboration with business team
The ideal candidate understands the worlds of film, television and social platforms and has a proven track record of developing ideas and shepherding projects through to completion.
We’d ask you to submit:
- Links to 2-3 samples of your work, with explanations of your role in each project.
- Examples of 2-3 digital videos or op-docs you admire, with a few words on why.
- A brief memo sketching out your vision for shaping ProPublica’s work in film, TV and digital video.
We know that great candidates can bring skills to ProPublica that we haven’t thought of, and who won’t fit everything we’ve described above. If this is you, don’t hesitate to apply, and tell us what unique contributions you can offer.
This is a contract position that runs through the end of 2018. This position is full time and includes benefits and is based at our headquarters in New York.
You can apply using this form. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
We are dedicated to improving our newsroom, in part by better reflecting the people we cover. Therefore, ProPublica is committed to diversity and especially encourages members of underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and people with disabilities.