- Reports to: Senior audience engagement editor, ThinkProgress
- Staff reporting to this position: None
- Department: ThinkProgress, Social team
- Position classification: Exempt, full time
ThinkProgress has an immediate opening for an audience engagement coordinator with a creative spirit, aptitude for writing, and strong interest in analytics to help generate headlines for A/B testing, post social media content, and analyze results.
This position will report to the senior audience engagement editor and work with the audience team and directly with reporters on a daily basis to optimize ThinkProgress’ content and present it to its audience via social media.
Strong familiarity with new media trends, online consumer behavior, and the nuances of the big three social platforms are an absolute must. Successful applicants subconsciously notice patterns in the way online users behave, understand the value of data, take an analytical approach to decision-making, and are fascinated by the way social media shapes the political conversation.
Successful applicants will have a robust social media presence, some blogging or online writing experience, and a demonstrated interest in the new media landscape.
- Generate alternate headlines for optimization testing.
- Consult with reporters to create compelling social packages.
- Monitor social media for underreported or trending topics.
- Quickly and accurately post content to social media.
- Community moderation on ThinkProgress’ Facebook page.
- Steward ThinkProgress’ Twitter account’s voice, in line with editorial guidelines.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Two to four years of social media experience, preferably at a media organization. (Internships and campus publications are OK.)
- Flawless spelling and grammar—even on the fly.
- A natural knack for narrative and framing.
- Experience with Chartbeat, Parsley, Google Analytics, or TweetDeck is a plus.
This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by WGA East.