Job Category: Professional/Administrative
Full time/Part Time: Full-Time
Working hours: Days
Job Description: Colgate's Office of Communications is staffed by a team of talented, creative, and collaborative individuals who believe that the quality of their work and the success of the university are intertwined. Among its many functions, the office produces the Colgate Scene, operates the university's official social media accounts, manages the university's web presence, conducts media relations, coordinates admission marketing, and supports advancement fundraising communications. This supportive yet demanding environment is ideal for communications professionals who want to prove their talents and test their skills in an unparalleled liberal arts environment. A new era is underway at Colgate, and our third century is about to begin. At this crucial moment, successful applicants will have the opportunity to create, curate, and share the unique Colgate story with the nation and the world.
Colgate University is seeking qualified candidates for a web content specialist within the Office of Communications.
Role will focus on the digital organization, quality of content and navigation on colgate.edu. Responsible for maintaining, reviewing, approving and enhancing content on the web and mobile applications; training campus stakeholders on best practices; usability testing; and leveraging data and analytics to ensure content optimized for university audiences, search engines, and accessibility.
(Education and Experience):
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in digital media, communications, journalism, public relations, marketing, or related field required.
- Demonstrated ability to write and edit content for the web.
- Understanding of graphic design principles and information architecture.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and write basic HTML and CSS.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with varying deadlines.
- Experience working in web content management systems.
- Must be willing and able to learn new web tools and adapt to new technologies.
- Must be capable of working collegially with a diverse group of faculty, staff and students on a daily basis.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree in digital media, communications, journalism, public relations, marketing, or related field is desirable.
- Higher Education experience is preferred.
- Two years of experience in the creation of web content is preferred.
- Experience in the management of large-scale websites.
- Drupal and WordPress experience is a plus.
Job Open Date: 05-09-2017
Job Close Date: Open Until Filled
Application Types Accepted: Professional/Administrative
Special Instructions to Applicants: Applicants are required to submit two writing samples with their application and cover letter.
It is the policy of Colgate University not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of their race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, disability, protected Veterans status, sexual orientation and gender identity and expression, genetic information, victims of domestic violence and stalking, familial status, and all other categories covered by recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training at all levels of the employment. Colgate University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.