Responsible for producing an assigned newscast under the direction of the News Director, Assistant News Director and the Executive Producer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Writes news stories for assigned news wheels and channel’s website that are factually accurate, fair and balanced in content, and written in a clear and concise conversational manner.
• Builds the news wheel with live and taped news, weather and traffic elements that meet format requirements, within established deadlines. Coordinates with graphic artists in developing the graphics for the show. Writes stories for anchors as required. Stories should be written in a clear and concise conversational manner.
• Produces assigned live newscasts, news wheels and news inserts making decisions on story lineup, video/audio, graphics, and timing to construct the show. Produces and writes special reports as directed by Executive Producers, Assistant News Director or News Director. Works with Producers, Reporters, Directors and Assignment Editors to create the news cast product. Responsible for accuracy, fairness and balance of content in the on-air product.
• Approves copy and directs news coverage in the absence of an Executive Producer, Assistant News Director or the News Director.
• Researches news publication, websites and programming for story updates and ideas. Brings story ideas to daily editorial meetings. Responsible for up-to-date knowledge of news and events in local market, nation and world.
• Performs video editing functions as required.
• Adheres to established journalistic ethics, standards and practices.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• 4 year college degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field.
• Television news experience a plus.
• Must have prior television news experience as a producer.
• Must be able to use and have knowledge of common television newsroom computer systems and software, with ability to learn new software systems.
• Experience or functional knowledge of news video editing systems preferred, with knowledge of non-linear and or desktop-based editing systems a plus.
• Ability to shoot and edit video preferred.
Only applicants who apply online at http://bit.ly/2pPMip4 will be considered.