The Community Center for Education Results (CCER) is seeking a full-time Digital Communications Specialist with a successful track record of developing and implementing communications strategies using a variety of digital platforms. CCER staffs and supports the Road Map Project, a collective impact initiative to improve student achievement from cradle through college and career in South King County and South Seattle.
The Digital Communications Specialist will join a small, highly collaborative team on a variety of initiatives, including website development, social media campaigns and annual reports. The successful candidate will have excellent writing, editing and presentation skills, ease working with statistics and complex topics, the ability to multitask, a keen interest in social justice issues, an ingrained deadline orientation, the ability to work independently and on a team, an eagerness to learn, and experience working alongside communities of color. Candidates should be prepared to discuss specific examples demonstrating required experience and skills.
- Oversee the Road Map Project’s website, including updating and publishing articles, developing content strategy, creating multimedia content and keeping an editorial calendar
- Manage the Project’s mass email client, including developing and implementing a process for list management
- Create and test content for websites, blogs, emails, newsletters and social media
- Post live updates on Facebook and Twitter at Road Map Project’s and other events
- Establish metrics as well as analyze and make recommendations for communications efforts
- Collaborate with Project partners on communications projects
- Perform basic graphic design work, such as photo editing
- Help with other communications tasks as needed
- Two to four years of direct experience in digital communications, strategy and/or advocacy
- Experience managing organizational accounts on social media platforms
- Web and social media analytics expertise and ability to effectively evaluate key performance indicators
- Knowledge of web usability best practices, website navigation design and flow, content classification, SEO strategy and A/B testing
- Proficiency with HTML, CSS, CMS (such as WordPress), Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Design Suite and/or other graphic design software
Desired skills and qualifications:
- Knowledge of education issues from early learning through higher education
- Graphic design and/or photography experience a plus
- Bilingual or multilingual
Pay: The salary range for this position is $50,000 to $60,000 annually, depending on experience. Excellent benefits package, including health, vision and dental. CCER is an equal-opportunity employer.
Close Date: Preferred application deadline is May 5, 2017, but position will be open until filled.
To Apply: Please send a resume, cover letter and three work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Examples of web platform projects, including one that is social media related, are preferred. Please include Digital Communications Specialist Application in the subject line.
Learn more about the Road Map Project and affiliated campaigns:
roadmapproject.org | discoveruwa.org | c2ccoalition.org | reopp.org