Colorado Public Radio has a fantastic opportunity for an Editor/Producer Community Content to join its growing news room. This new position will scour the state for voices, stories and community events that can be developed as programming for CPR's news service. This could include storytelling events, forums on issues and ideas, TedX and other individual speaker events and podcasts in and about the Rocky Mountain West. In addition to turning events into programming for air and digital platforms, the editor will produce occasional features, and will explore podcast opportunities for CPR material and community podcasts. This position will also provide editing support for radio features.
Colorado is a great place to live and work. Known for its sunshine; incredible access to outdoor activities like skiing, hiking, mountain biking, and golf; world-renowned art museums and thriving arts scene; terrific restaurants; and year-round events there is something to appeal to everyone.
View full job description.
Knowledge and competencies:
- Identification with the mission and purpose of Colorado Public Radio.
- Minimum 3 years working in journalism.
- Solid journalism credentials, impeccable ethical standards.
- Multimedia experience: audio, print, visual.
- Proven editorial skills, including writing, editing - ideally for both broadcast and online.
- Thorough understanding of public radio news values and ethics, strong news judgment.
- Breadth of familiarity with Colorado organizations and institutions ideal.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a team orientation and ability to work both independently and interdependently to achieve goals.
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail, able to meet deadlines and work productively in a team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills; radio experience ideal.
Position is based in the Denver Metro area and requires working non-standard hours and some travel.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Editor/Producer Community Content" in the subject line. Additionally, please include up to 5 examples that demonstrate your grasp of storytelling, of drawing on community events as programming and editing podcasts, or podcast-like reporting and other uses of digital platforms and radio. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
No phone calls or drop ins please. Competitive salary and benefits.
Colorado Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer and encourages workplace diversity.
Colorado Public Radio News delivers insightful and impartial news from around the world, across the nation, and throughout Colorado, examining its relevance to our state and connecting it to our community. Listeners rely on CPR as a resource for emerging Colorado stories.