Knight Foundation is seeking a tech savvy change-maker to join the Journalism program team. We want to hear from candidates with a digital first orientation and an interest in advancing journalism excellence and innovating local news organizations.
Reporting to the vice president for journalism and working with a team, the director will collaborate to identify, select and manage grant portfolios designed to transform the industry by exploring new forms of storytelling, developing innovative news and information tools, and advancing ways for journalists to engage and inform communities.
• Identify and invest in entrepreneurial leaders in journalism, across many platforms.
• Identify and invest in innovative ideas that will lead to better informed communities.
• Work with the team to develop field-advancing grant strategies and a diverse network of relationships to assist us with driving change and adoption of digital technology.
• Contribute thought leadership.
• Work with Knight’s Learning and Impact team to measure the impact of initiatives, inform strategy and improve programmatic work.
• Represent Knight Foundation in local and national forums.
• Proven innovator with experience in digital strategy and execution.
• Passion for and usage of the latest technology.
• Commitment to First Amendment principles and journalism excellence.
• Openness to ideas.
• Ability to identify talent.
• Appreciation of local news reporting.
• Ability to work collaboratively to develop creative solutions.
• Entrepreneurial drive, curiosity and networking savvy.
Knight Foundation is a national foundation with strong local roots. We invest in journalism, in the arts, and in the success of cities where brothers John S. and James L. Knight once published newspapers. Our goal is to foster informed and engaged communities, which we believe are essential for a healthy democracy.
• Leadership in journalism organizations.
• Leadership of digital news initiatives.
• Experience with local news reporting.
The essential elements for this work are: belief in a vision, courage to push for change, willingness to explore new ideas, expertise to accomplish the work and tenacity to reach the desired results. If you share this passion, we want to hear from you. Tell us what excites you about this opportunity and why you are right for it.
Send your resume to: email@example.com
For more on Knight Foundation, visit www.knightfoundation.org
Knight Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
No telephone calls, please.