PICO National Network is the largest grassroots faith-based community organizing network in the United States. For 40 years PICO has brought people of faith and diverse backgrounds together to advance racial and economic justice. PICO organizations have successfully changed public policies at the local, state and federal level that have helped to reduce gun violence, improve the quality of education for children, make housing more affordable and protect families from foreclosure, empower youth, and revitalize neighborhoods.
We are looking for a Communications Manager that’s self-motivated and can hit the ground running. This role is pivotal in developing high-quality strategic communications that elevate social justice and position PICO as a leader in faith-based organizing community. In support of this goal, you’d directly:
- Lead communications efforts in support of state and national policy campaigns to maximize press coverage and drive media outreach.
- Strengthen internal communications across the PICO network that promote sharing of information and engage PICO with staff, volunteer leaders, and clergy.
- Shape PICO’s brand and messaging for consistency and identify opportunities to position PICO as vital to social justice.
- Serve as a strategic resource for federations in helping them create high quality content for media outreach.
Successful candidates will have led compelling communication efforts for political campaigns, public relation firms, news media outlets, or other advocacy-based nonprofits. You should also be able to:
- Work at campaign pace without sacrificing quality
- Manage multiple projects concurrently, prioritizing work effectively and delivering on deadlines
- Pitch local and national media
- Build strong relationships with local and national media
- Write great copy under tight deadlines
- Connect with people of diverse perspectives
This position requires some travel and occasional evening and weekend hours. Bilingual communicators encouraged to apply.
PICO provides our employees with a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, disability, life, 401(k), and generous paid time off.
Join the PICO family in advancing social justice and improving the lives of millions. Apply for this job on the PICO job board. Please have the following ready as you start your application.
1. An electronic file of your resume (preferably in PDF format) including 3 references and salary history;
2. A cover letter (stating why you would be the ideal person for this position)
3. A writing sample demonstrating your experience
If you need assistance or experience any technical difficulties with your online application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will not be accepted via this email address