Are you a professional media producer who finds most of your news and fresh ideas on social platforms and reads deep into online comments and chats? Have you been part of a team that uses social to share fact-based stories and love adding gifs, graphics, emojis, videos and Snapchat filters to posts? Do admire public radio reporting? If so, we have a cool and important job for you with Public Radio International’s social media team.
You’ll join the talented journalists behind PRI.org, PRI’s The World and Global Post’s coverage and social channels. You’ll shape our social reporting and engage with three quarters of a million followers. You’ll represent the audience as we make coverage decisions and you’ll create stories about how online social movements, memes and conversation are influencing the world. From our Across Women’s Lives coverage on gender equity to Global Nation coverage on identity and diversity in the US, you’ll help shape an international conversation on issues that matter.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Works with PRI.org’s Deputy Editor and social team to design and implement the engagement strategy for PRI, PRI’s The World and GlobalPost social properties.
- Works with social media team for day-to-day writing and editing of social posts to maximize shares, clicks, conversation and engagement.
- Moderates comments and serve as a host for our communities to ensure discussions, particularly on Facebook, meet our guidelines; respond to follower comments and inquiries.
- Uses tracking tools, data and graphics to analyze user behavior, track success of our tactics and show progress toward goals
- Increases the diversity of PRI audiences by collaborating with and highlighting content from communities under-represented in media
- Creates and hosts social events (including live video) based on our coverage that deepens our content and engages our fans
- Stays up-to-date on changes in social tools, algorithms and platforms and guide continual experimentation in our social tactics.
This position can be in Minneapolis (our preference) or Boston. It is grant-funded for two years, with the possibility of extension.
To apply, please e-mail resume, cover letter, work samples and links to relevant social media profiles to email@example.com.