If you're interested in this position, you must apply directly to the job via this think:
Advertising Age, the leading global source of news, intelligence and conversation for the marketing and media community, is looking for a reporter to cover the media-agency beat. This reporter will be charged with one of the most crucial beats for Ad Age readers. We are looking for a reporter able to dig up news, not to aggregate links or rewrite press releases.
These agencies and the players within them are at the crossroads of a rapidly changing advertising landscape, one in which a very lucrative sector fueled by TV buying and high margins is trying to stay one step ahead of a world being transformed by data and programmatic offerings. In the last few years, it’s also seen a number of massive agency reviews as well as a standoff between media agencies and the marketer clients they represent.
- 5 + years reporting experience
- Experience reporting business news
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to develop sources, break news and write features
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to make complex issues compelling, readable and shareable
- Bachelor degree required
Nice to have:
- Experience covering media agencies and/or advertising agencies
- Scoop-obsessed and has a collaborative mind-set
- Comfortable with public speaking and media appearances
- Familiar with social-media platforms and comfortable with web-based content-management systems
- Bachelor degree in journalism, English, communications or similar field
Ad Age began as a broadsheet newspaper in 1930 and has grown into a award-winning, fast-paced news group that publishes in print, digital and video. It also convenes major industry events such as the annual Digital Conference and features the industry's best creative work. It is published by Crain Communications Inc. and headquartered in New York.
Crain Communications has been at the forefront of the publishing industry for more than a century. Combining information with innovation, Crain delivers the story you can’t get anywhere else. As a privately held company, we maintain a personal responsibility for elevating our work to be the best it can be. Every editor, reporter and correspondent at Crain shares the responsibility of ensuring the editorial independence and importance of our work. With an Audience First focus and uncompromising integrity, we strive to make a real impact for the individuals and industries we serve. While other media companies report the news, Crain gives it meaning. We add context to content, infuse information with insights, and initiate connections as well as conversations.
Crain Communications offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, profit sharing, and a friendly work environment. This is a great time to join our organization -- a profitable, well established publishing leader.
Follow Crain on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Glassdoor
- Crain Communications Inc is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. We thank you for your interest in Crain Communications and invite you to visit our website as positions are updated regularly. EOE/Vet/Disability