National Programming's – StudioSix is a quick turnaround production unit, which develops, produces and presents a number of ongoing series and special programs for outlets including PBS, APT, PBS Plus, PBS.org, WGBH.org, and others. Among recent productions are: Point Taken, America After Ferguson, Simply Ming, Moveable Feast, In the Mind of the Chef, Rough Cut with Tommy Mac, Sacred Journeys, Ice Warriors, I’ll Have What Phil’s Having and more in the pipeline.
In addition, the StudioSix team also researches and develops select R&D under the direction of the VP of National Productions and the Executive in Charge of StudioSix for PBS, primetime and other Cable / Digital Media outlets.
The Associate Producer will be the primary lead with all aspects of pre-production, travel & shoot planning, booking guests, preparing shoot itineraries and schedules, logging of media footage, compiling all necessary releases, amongst other duties as assigned.
It will be essential that the candidate feels comfortable and can take initiative in making phone calls, scheduling travel, manage logistics for both domestic and international production shoots, as well as multi-task on other production related projects at the same time.
In addition, the candidate will provide support during the shutdown of all projects and ensuring back-ups of all media, coordination with tape library, creating music and visual cue sheets for shutdown, and other duties as assigned. The candidate will also be vital to assist in researching talent, topics and content development for preliminary R&D projects. Must have TV Production experience and strong research, booking and organizational skills.
- TV Production experience is necessary. Studio and Field Production experience is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and experience in managing media both tapes and tapeless.
- Positive attitude, with the ability to work with Executive Producers, Sr. Producers, Editors and others in a collaborative / team environment – often working toward stringent time deadlines and changing priorities.
- Ability to think big and out of the box and be comfortable bringing ideas to the table to help solve problems or improve systems.
- Familiarity with a range of social media platforms, and digital media systems is important.
- Knowledge of AVID and Final Cut Pro editing systems.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.