5280 Magazine is seeking an assistant editor to join its dynamic staff. The ideal candidate should be a creative, sophisticated, collaborative editor who has a passion for magazine making and a broad editorial skill set.
* Concepting, assigning, editing, and writing for 5280’s front-of-the-book section
* Producing/writing approximately two to three service packages per year
* Writing for all sections of the magazine
* Writing for 5280.com
* Writing mid-length narrative articles
* Contributing to ancillary publications, like 5280 Health and 5280 Home
TO APPLY : firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates should send a brief cover letter, resumé, and four PDF work samples to email@example.com.
ABOUT 5280 PUBLISHING
5280, the largest local magazine in Colorado, was first published in 1993. Its commitment to high-quality journalism has made it one of the country’s most respected regional publications. Since 2005, 5280 has been a finalist for six National Magazine Awards, the industry’s highest honor, and it has been named one of America’s top five city magazines by the City and Regional Magazine Association on three separate occasions. With a total distribution of 90,000, 5280 outsells most national magazines on area newsstands. 5280 also publishes 5280 Home, 5280 Health, and 5280 Traveler magazines, and in 2016 acquired Colorado Parent and its family of six ancillary titles.
5280 Publishing is an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls, please.
* Two years of magazine editing experience
* Robust reporting and writing skills
* Experience conceiving of and producing lively, multifaceted service packages
* Capacity to interact collaboratively with art and photo departments
* Strong creative, conceptual thinking
* Ability to hit deadlines
* Strong InDesign skills and familiarity with multiple content-management systems a plus
* Some media experience (TV and radio) preferred